45 people are interested
Intake Counselor Job Description
To educate women facing an unplanned pregnancy about life-affirming alternatives to abortion.
Role as a Intake Counselor:
1. Act as an advocate for the client by providing accurate information on all options for a positive pregnancy test.
2. Give emotional support and spiritual guidance as needed.
3. Accurately describe our purpose, our services and our referrals.
4. Record each client session by completing the client case file - intake form and client case notes.
5. Uphold the center’s policies regarding confidentiality, even when no longer a volunteer.
6. Follow up with clients that give permission to be contacted.
7. Provide general office support when time permits.
Volunteers are the very heart of this ministry. Therefore we look for qualities that will meet with our values and assist with meeting our goals. The qualifications that are needed to be an effective Peer Counselor include:
1. Agree with and uphold our Statement of Faith, Care and Principle.
2. Be compassionate and have the ability to care for others by reaching out and being involved with them. Be non-judgmental.
3. Have the ability to learn new skills and practice them.
4. Be committed to a woman-focused ministry. Address the unique needs of women realizing that we cannot preserve the life of the baby until we have touched the life of the mother.
5. Be dependable by being at the center for scheduled shifts.
Time Commitment: It is ideal that a peer counselor come once a week in order to build trust and a relationship with the regular clients. The center will accept volunteers once a week, bi-weekly or monthly for an entire shift or part of a shift. It is however important that volunteer-service be regular and consistent.
For more information please contact
Lekeisha Peterson, Client Services Coordinator
About Pregnancy Aid inc.
17325 MACK AVE, DETROIT, MI 48224, US
We are a nonprofit, Christian organization in Detroit offering women positive alternatives to abortion, education that promotes effective parenting, and healthy lifestyles and material support to those in need.
We offer a range of free services including pregnancy testing, emtional and parenting support. Maternity clothes, baby supplies and infant clothing. We also provide refferals for free prenatal care, free STI testing, temporary housing, adoption, G.E.D prep and emergency food.
We'll work with your schedule.
17325 MackDetroit, MI 48224
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Crisis Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, Need counselors Wednesdays and Fridays
- Must be pro-life.