Wells Bring Hope drills wells to bring safe water and sanitation to rural villages in Niger, West Africa, the poorest country in the world. Our mission is to save lives with safe water. The burden of getting water falls on women and girls - which means that girls can't go to school, and women can't work to earn money for their families. All that changes when a well is drilled in a village. Your help is more than just a drop in the bucket. It transforms lives for generations to come.
We invite you to join our cause and help us save lives with safe water.
We are looking for volunteers to assist at our biggest fundraiser of the year. It will be held on Sunday, October 9 at a magnificent estate located on Sunset Blvd. near Beverly Hills owned by a well known philanthropist. The 2 ½ acre grounds are magnificent and filled with interesting life size statues. It is a Hollywood legend location and a place you will tells your friends about and never forget.
We will need help in three different areas of responsibility below. Note that in all positions, our volunteers have made a major contribution to the success of our event by conveying warmth and enthusiasm about our cause and the role they are performing for us.
- Check guests in at the reservations table
- Responsible for an auction table, standing next to it and answering guests questions about items offered, conveying a welcoming attitude to get them to bid
- Pass hors d’oeurves to guests, making guests feel at home and excited about our food offerings
- Mature, with good social skills
- Warm, easy-going, able to make guests feel welcome
- Reliable and responsible, will fulfill commitment to show up on time and stay until the event ends
- Outgoing, comfortable around people
Prior to event
- The Director of Special Events will provide a role description which will describe your responsibilities (timeline of event, attire ...) If you have any questions, please submit them to the Director via email.
- We request that you respond promptly to any communication from our Director of Special Events about the event.
- There will be one short meeting before the event, likely within two weeks before, and we would greatly appreciate your attendance.
- It is critical that you inform the Director of Special Events if your availability changes. Last minute cancellations cause great difficulty so it is important that you take your commitment seriously.
Day of event
- Arrive at the event on time and check in with the Director.
- Ensure you understand your role and the timeline. The Director will be available to answer questions and help solve any problems.
- It is possible that your role may change in response to situations that arise at the event.
- Provide any suggestions about how to improve your role to the Director of Special Events. We value your feedback!
Thank you for your interest!
If interested in this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 6-8 hours per event