English Teaching & Conversation Volunteer - L'Chaim Senior Center
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where2534 Judah StreetSan Francisco, CA 94122
Help an amazing group of Russian-speaking seniors at the L'Chaim Center learn and practice English - http://www.jfcs.org/find-help/emigres/lchaim-health-center/.
We need volunteers to teach English to small groups of seniors - MONDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY DURING THE DAY. Ideal times to volunteer would be approximately 9:45 to 11:15 for the morning shift, and 3 to 4:30 for the afternoon shift. However, this is flexible.
This is a great opportunity to work in a small group with English learners at varied levels of English language proficiency. Perfect if you are training to be a TOEFL/TOESL teacher. But advanced training is not necessary - patience, kindness, enthusiasm, respect for elders, and love of the English language are.
There may also be opportunities to tutor English one-on-one.
Knowledge of Russian is preferred but not required.
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5 hours a week minimum
More opportunities with Jewish Family and Children's Services of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties
- English Teaching & Conversation...
- Bilingual (English and Russian)...
- English Conversation Groups -...
- Legal Immigration Services Intern
- Friendly Visitor for...
- English Conversation Group Leader
- Citizenship / Naturalization...
- Russian-speaking friendly...
- Friendly visitor for woman with...
- Citizenship Class Leader