Samaritan House Therapeutic Intervention Specialist
Volunteer Job Description
Purpose: To assist the Children’s Department in the care of children who are utilizing residential and community services of Samaritan House. Volunteer will report to the Children’s Department Volunteer Coordinator on an as needed bases.
1. Conduct age appropriate developmental, psychological and developmental assessments including ASQ: ASQ-SE: Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire, and the PTSD assessment tool.
2. Assist Children’s Advocate with implementing service plans for the children who have been assessed.
3. Provide transportation for family to receive supportive services, as needed.
4. Provide ongoing advocacy for children and youth by regularly contacting parents, assessing for needs, and ensuring that parents follow up on recommendations.
5. Follow policies and procedures related to communication with staff, including documentation, record keeping, and reporting.
6. Other assistance as assigned and/or needed.
1. Basic knowledge of child development
2. Ability to work and interact with children of various ages, while providing a positive environment
3. Ability to respectfully and effectively communicate with staff, parents and children
4. Ability to work with children who may be experiencing behavioral or emotional issues related to their family circumstances
5. Must be able to work independently or in a team setting
6. Follow directions precisely and be able to seek clarification of tasks
7. Act in accordance with Samaritan House policies and procedures
- General Education
- Child Development
- Critical Thinking
- Youth Services
- Crisis Intervention
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer will be scheduled based on availability