WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereNext Training in Peabody, MA!Shelter Partners in Haverhill, Lawrence, LowellMalden, Revere, Peabody, Salem, Gloucester, LynnPeabody, MA 01960
Horizons for Homeless Children is seeking volunteers to play with children living in family homeless shelters in the Northeast region of Massachusetts, including shelters in Lowell, Lawrence, Haverhill, Amesbury, Gloucester, Salem, Peabody, Lynn, Revere, and Malden. There are also opportunities across the state.
A commitment of 2 hours per week for 6 months is required. Some daytime hours are available but shifts are primarily evening hours, Monday through Thursday. Please call (978) 557-2182 or visit www.horizonschildren.org to apply online. Trainings are held on an ongoing basis across the state if you cannot make this particular training!
Horizons hosts PAL Trainings across the state, throughout the year. The next training in the Northeast Region will be on Saturday, October 14th from 10:00 am-1:00 pm at the Peabody West Branch Library in Peabody, MA. If you cannot make this particular training, we will have other training opportunities including:
- Saturday, October 21st from 9:30 am-12:30 pm at Horizons for Homeless Children's Headquarters in Roxbury, MA
- Wednesday, November 15th from 6:00-9:00 pm in Worcester, MA
- And, Thursday, November 30th from 6:00-9:00 pm at the Nevins Memorial Library in Methuen, MA that could be convenient for Northeast MA Volunteers!
Volunteers must fill out an application and attend a 3-hour Playspace Activity Leader Training in order to volunteer with Horizons for Homeless Children. We also run background and complete reference checks.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call 978-557-2182 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Child Care
- Relationship Building
- Child Welfare
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week for 6 months
- We require a one-time, 3 hour training; We also complete background and reference checks.