Empathy, patience, kindness and problem-solving skills are hallmark characteristics of our Helpline volunteers. If you have a background as a caregiver or a degree in social work, counseling, psychology or gerontology, this is a good fit for you. Working from the Alzheimer’s Association office in Sacramento, members of our Helpline team take phone calls from families seeking support, encouragement, hope and guidance through the challenges of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. The Helpline team also fulfills Helpline packets and updates a database of all of our Helpline callers. Helpline volunteers must make a commitment of at least one year.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- 2-3 hours per week
- Sacramento Annual Walk to End...
- Helpline Volunteer
- Health Fair Volunteer
- Former Caregivers to Lead...
- Gain Office Experience!
- Data Entry Volunteer
- Program Committee
- Stanislaus Health Fair Volunteer
- Faith-Based Outreach Coordinator
- Help us defeat Alzheimer's
- Latino Outreach Volunteer
- Sacramento Walk to End...
- Asian Pacific Islander (API)...
- Support Group Ambassador
- San Joaquin Health Fair Volunteer
- Medical Office Outreach Volunteer