The Walk to End Alzheimer's is the world's largest event to raise funds and awareness for Alzheimer's care, support, research, and advocacy. This event will be returning to Sacramento in the fall of 2018 and we need your help to make it happen!
There are opportunities to serve on the following sub-committees:
- Sponsorship: Identifies opportunities to engage the business community in the mission of the Alzheimer's Association and participate in the Walk to End Alzheimer's.
- Team Recruitment: Recruits new teams from all sectors of the community.
- Team Retention: Engages past teams to participate in the Walk to End Alzheimer's.
- Marketing and Outreach: Builds public awareness of Walk through local media outlets, social media, and grassroots marketing efforts.
- AIM-Advocacy: Recruits Alzheimer's Impact Movement (AIM) members throughout the Walk season.
- Mission: Promotes core mission elements, including TrialMatch, programs and support, and the Promise Garden.
- Logistics: Ensures that all event day components, including the start/finish line, opening ceremony, and walk route are well-planned and that participants have an excellent event experience from the parking lot to the finish line.
We will provide you with all the training and resources to have a successful volunteer experience, plus we have regular committee calls to keep in touch. Projects may be completed remotely.
To learn more about the Walk to End Alzheimer's, please visit www.alz.org/walk.
- Donor Management
- Program Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-4 hours/week
- Minimum 6 month commitment
- Media Relations Volunteer
- Office Volunteer
- Modesto Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Sacramento Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Helpline Volunteer
- Marketing and Social Media...
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Support Group Facilitator
- Community Educator
- The Longest Day Committee
- Become an Alzheimer's Advocate!
- Stanislaus Community Outreach...
- Help us end Alzheimer's!
- Latino Community Outreach...
- Sacramento Walk to End...
- San Joaquin Community Outreach...
- Medical Outreach Volunteer
- Stockton Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Fab 40's 5K Volunteer