CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS.........
37 people are interested
Want to have more meaning in your life? Do you want to do something that is satisfying and of great service to your community? Then become a Concerned Care Hospice volunteer!
Volunteers are needed from both the North Shore and the South Shore to service families of the terminally ill. Becoming a hospice volunteer is like helping a neighbor in need. The only qualification required is your desire to help someone. Finding that volunteering is hard to fit into your schedule? At Concerned Care Hospice we will work around your work schedule and school schedule. A plus side is that you will receive free training to help a neighbor out.
Ways to Help
- Patient visits; Social: dropping by for a brief conversation to check on the patient.
- Respite Visits; a needed break for the caregivers of hospice patients. Take the time to share a story or even listen to a story, play music, or read to the patient. Help create a memory box with patients, such as a photo from their past, a button/pin,
- Birthday visits; Taking a small gift to the patient on their birthday brightens their day as well as yours.
- Craft deliveries; Volunteers are needed to help deliver handmade gifts to our patients.
- Office help; Provide support in either office: filing, preparing mailings, computer work, and special projects.
Please call Tawnya Sisco at 504-210-1971 for any questions or wanting to apply
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
3621 Ridgelake Drive, Suite 30019550 N. 10th Street, Suite BMetairie and Covington, LA 70002
- Administrative Support
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- Reading / Writing
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- WE WORK WITH YOUR SCHEDULE