The Buddy Program is designed to provide Evergreen clients with one-on-one support from trained volunteers. These trained volunteers-called Buddies-will serve as companions, helpers (e.g., shopping), advocates, or a combination of all of these. Buddies are not Care Coordinators or Counselors; rather, they provide additional social support and mentoring for Evergreen’s clients.
Evergreen clients are referred to the program by staff, and are screened before they are paired with a Buddy.
- Buddies meet twice per month for a one-year commitment.
- The screening process for volunteers includes an application, interview, and background check.
- Volunteers must be sensitive to HIV and LGBTQ issues.
- Monthly check-ins with both the Buddy and the client will be conducted to assess the progress of the relationship.
- Volunteers must be trained to become a Buddy. Training will be Wednesday, October 21 st, at 5:30pm on the 5 th floor of 206 Elmwood Ave.
- People Skills
- Special Needs
- Relationship Building
- Life Coaching
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per month for 1 year.