Look Good Feel Better holds group workshops that teach beauty techniques to female cancer patients to help them combat the appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment.
Group programs are step-by-step makeover learning sessions led by cosmetology professionals using products donated by the cosmetic industry. Each two-hour, hands-on workshop includes a 12-step skin care and makeup lesson, nail care techniques, and professional advice on how to deal with hair loss using wigs, scarves, hats, hairpieces, and other accessories.
Patients at various stages of treatment receive personal attention and take home instruction booklets and complimentary cosmetic kits in shades that match their skin tones. Each year, more than 50,000 individuals participate in small groups of five to 10 that create a sense of support and community.
Every local Look Good Feel Better program requires well-organized, caring, friendly, dynamic volunteers to work with the American Cancer Society or host sites to help make everything run smoothly. These volunteers help organize group programs at host sites, promote participation, place reminder calls to patients, organize supplies, set up rooms, and provide assistance during the sessions.
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Program Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 2-3 hours/month
- Have a vehicle and want to...
- Perfect Volunteer Opportunity...
- Volunteers Needed: American...
- Coordinate Monthly Cancer...
- Connect Cancer Patients to...
- Cancer patients need YOU to get...
- We Provide Rides to Cancer...
- A Single Ride Could Save A Life!
- A single ride could save a life!
- Calling All Churches!
- Gaston County Cancer Patients...