Volunteer Opportunity for:
Corporate Directors and Senior Management Consultants
Position: Practice Leader, Advisory Board Practice to Small to Medium-size Enterprises in Manhattan, Brooklyn and The Bronx.
Background: For over 50 years, SCORE Mentors have been providing counsel and assistance to thousands of entrepreneurs and small business owners across New York
City. Some SCORE client firms have grown to the point that they need to add outside perspective and expertise to help them shape their business strategy and to keep them looking beyond managing their companies on a day to day basis to focus on the broader picture. SCORE NYC seeks to recruit an experienced corporate director or management consultant to create this practice.
Responsibilities: With the ability to schedule this SCORE volunteer commitment around your available time, and working closely with SCORE NYC's senior leadership:
- Lead the effort to develop this Advisory Board practice; including identifying contacting, and persuading established businesses that they in fact would be well served by creating an Advisory Board
- Create ideal candidate profiles for members of the Advisory Board team;
- Build a roster of potential Advisory Board members from the current roster of SCORE
- Interview Mentors and qualified external recruits;
- Create practices and standards necessary to build a resource that will serve SCORE NYC's clients with distinction;
- Serve on one or multiple Advisory Boards in order to set a high level of service to SCORE's clients;
- Contribute to the strength and growth of SCORE New York through adding your
management expertise to this totally volunteer organization.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- 30+ years as a business leader;
- Senior experience in general management, or on board(s) of directors, or in management consulting;
- An ability to quickly assess business opportunities and problems;
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to act as a responsible advisor;
- Ability to establish rapport with successful entrepreneurs and small business leaders.
- A real desire to help others succeed.
Compensation: Volunteering at SCORE is one of the ways for you to give back to your community, connect with fellow business leaders, and pass on your knowledge and expertise to the next generation of entrepreneurs in your community.
- Enjoy the satisfaction of contributing to the success of others;
- Share great experience with other SCORE volunteers and make new friends;
- Provide leadership for the local business community;
- Participate in life-long learning, growing professionally and personally.
To learn more about SCORE NYC, go to www.newyorkcity.scorenyc.org and If you’d like to discuss this opportunity to serve the New York business community:
EMAIL: email@example.com or
CALL: Diane Drey, Score NYC Chapter Chair at 212-264-4507
- Resource Development / Management
- Business Development
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Professional Development
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 40
- Orientation or Training
- orientation - 40 hours - ongoing 10 hours a month
- Volunteer copy writers
- Data Analyst
- Small Business Counselor
- Volunteer - Event Planner - for...
- Volunteer Needed to Help...
- Small Business Counselors
- Volunteer: Mentor Small...
- Human Resources & Recruitment...
- Volunteer - Human Resources -...
- Business Development - Outreach...
- Volunteer copy editors
- Volunteer Administrative...
- Volunteer - Advisory Board...
- Volunteer - Digital Strategist
- Volunteer, Workshop committee
- Volunteer graphic designers
- SCORE District Director