Volunteer Opportunity for:
Corporate Directors and Senior Management Consultants to join small business Advisory Board(s)
Position: Management Consultant - Business Mentor to join a Corporate Advisory Board of local NYC businesses
Background: For over 50 years, SCORE has provided support for thousands of entrepreneurs and small business owners. This specific position is to become a member of a three-person Score TEAM that will advise one local NYC client company.
The clients tend to be privately held firms, often family businesses, and have at least 25 employees and a mid-level management team. Your role will be to use your expertise, along with your Score peers, and guide the company forward.
To apply, you should be an experienced executive with a good understanding of business practices and expertise in a specific area. We match board members with clients depending on the client challenges an the Business Consultant's expertise.Commitment: After going through a Score orientation program (approx. 15 hours) most of which can be done on-line, you will be matched with a team serving a client who has a need for your expertise.
We seek a commitment from you to stick with a client for a full year. We anticipate your involvement will be about 30 hours annually year, as follows:
- 4 on-site meetings per year (each about 5 hours)
- Follow-up phone calls and emails with the client
- Occasional meetings with the rest of the Score team (independent of the client).
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- 20+ years as a business leader or executive with skills
- An ability to quickly assess business opportunities and problems;
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to act as a responsible advisor;
- Ability to establish rapport with successful entrepreneurs and small business leaders.
- A real desire to help others succeed.
Compensation: Volunteering at SCORE is one of the ways for you to give back to your community, connect with fellow business leaders, and pass on your knowledge and expertise to the next generation of entrepreneurs in your community.
- Enjoy the satisfaction of contributing to the success of others;
- Share great experience with other SCORE volunteers and make new friends;
- Provide leadership for the local business community;
- Participate in life-long learning, growing professionally and personally.
To learn more about SCORE NYC, go to www.newyorkcity.scorenyc.org and If you’d like to discuss this opportunity to serve the New York business community please contact:
Diane Drey, Score NYC Advisory Board Practice Leader:
- Resource Development / Management
- Business Development
- Professional Development
- Group Facilitation
- IT Consulting
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 35
- Orientation or Training
- Orientation - 15 hours - Ongoing 30 hours ANNUALLY