We are currently seeking volunteer tutors who have an availability for one houreach week to work with freshmen and sophomores in classes. Volunteers work one-on-one with students to help them stay on task, reinforce organization skills and guide them in their homework.
Not a content expert? No problem! We are seeking tutors who know how to guide students to problem solve, such as:
- If you don't know how to solve a problem, look in the book!
- Not sure what the assignment was? Ask a fellow classmate!
- Need to know more about solving that equation? Let's take a look at your notes
- Ask your teacher for help if you get stuck!
- Reading Comprehension
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week
- Have a passion for working with youth