Did you know that less than 50% of the children with mental health conditions receive the services they need? Western Youth Services is changing that. Our Outreach and Engagement (O&E) South location is in need of volunteers. Outreach and Engagement identifies those that have fallen through the cracks with a gap in care and provides individual support and case management in homes, schools and other public places, ensuring that services are accessible and provided to those that need them.
Position: Outreach & Engagement Volunteer (Bilingual/Spanish)
Date/Time: M-F/ 9am-5pm, Flexible, Minimum 4-8 Hours per week
Duties: Volunteers assist the Outreach and Engagement team by:
- Providing outreach and support to target participants, their families and their communities at-large.
- Disseminating program information through a variety of platforms, including, but not limited to, community events, workshops, and presentations.
- Assisting with case management (i.e. providing referrals and follow up to ensure linkage - this may happen in the office or field).
- Locating and updating community resources (this might happen in the office or field).
Gain experience in the field of mental health while making a difference. Break the stigma, be the change!
Skills, Training or Qualifications:
Interest in working with the TAY (Transitional Age Youth - ages 16 to 25) population, mental wellness and community outreach. Able to relate to people of various ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Ability to speak, read, and write Spanish fluently
Good communication skills; ability to follow directions, work with others and able to lift over 10 lbs. are all desirable.
The most essential qualifications for the Volunteer Program are a positive attitude and the willingness to support WYS dedication to provide quality mental health services to our community.
All volunteers must complete a Live Scan (fingerprinting) and attend Orientation at the Corporate office in Laguna Hills prior to volunteering.
- Administrative Support
- Mental Health
- Youth Services
- Case Work / Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- M-F 9am-5pm, Flexible, Min. 4-8 hours per week
- Live Scan (Fingerprinting) - Reimbursed by Western Youth Services