The Urban Rest Stop, a project of the Low Income Housing Institute, provides a clean, safe and dignified place where individuals, families, elders and youth can access restrooms, showers, and laundry facilities free of charge.
- Ensure that the Urban Rest Stop provides a welcoming, clean and safe environment.
- Respect the confidentiality of URS patrons.
- Assist with the maintenance of appointments for laundry and showers. Stock and sort hygiene and cleaning supplies.
- Distribute personal care items as requested and when donations are available.
- Distribute towels and coveralls for parton use.
- Assist with the collection of demographic and facility information.
- Help maintain a high level of facility cleanliness.
Apply today: http://goo.gl/riZ3M5
The Urban Rest Stop is open from 6:30am-2:30pm Monday-Friday
Join the Urban Rest Stop volunteer team! Fill out our online application to start your enrollment as a URS/LIHI volunteer and start changing lives!
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months
- Administrative Help Needed!
- Looking for a Supportive...
- Administrative Interns or...
- University District: Serve your...
- Lead fun activities for kids and...
- Downtown: Serve your community...
- Homework Club Tutor
- Help our residents get healthy! ...
- Keep Our Seniors Healthy- Teach...
- Assist Homeless Encampment with...
- Work with LIHI residents to find...
- Keep Our Seniors Healthy-...
- Ballard Urban Rest Stop! Support...