Learn to Assist Seniors With Medicare Insurance Enrollment (Winter Haven)
13 people are interested
As an active, community-based volunteer of the SHINE program(Serving Winter Haven, Florida), help explain Medicare benefits to senior adults and assist with their enrollment. Free training is provided through the local Area Agency on Aging (AAA).
- Interest in helping people and the local community
- Customer service mind-set including professionalism, tact and courtesy in assisting individuals
- Ability to listen and comprehend.
- Basic computer and internet skills.
- Must maintain a valid individual e-mail address for training and general communication purposes.
- Willingness to serve with a culturally diverse volunteer and client population.
- Ability to demonstrate and remain free from any conflict of interest.
RESPONSIBILITIES: SHINE Coaches/counselors serve within the Winter Haven area to assist individuals who have problems with and questions about Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicare Supplemental Insurance, Prescription Assistance, Long-Term Care Insurance/Planning and other health insurance issues.
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS: Ability to improve the lives of fellow residents, receive professional training classes and resource materials, participate in local and statewide volunteer recognition events for active volunteers, receive mentoring and technical assistance, and possibly become eligible for various recognition items or awards. Most of all, knowing that you have helped to make a difference in someone's life and quality of life!
We'll work with your schedule.
SHINE - Senior Connection CenterWinter Haven, FL 33881
- Office Management
- Case Work / Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible according to your availability to serve