The SHINE(Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders) program provides health insurance information and free, unbiased, and confidential counseling assistance to all current and prospective Medicare beneficiaries, their families and caregivers. Through a network of specially trained volunteers, SHINE works to empower individuals to make the best decisions for their individual needs.
- Enrollment and coverage questions
- Medicare Parts A, B, and D
- Supplement and Advantage Plans
- Plan comparisons
- Medicare claims
- Medicare billing issues
- Complaints and appeals
- Financial assistance programs to lower Medicare costs
- Anything Medicare-related
- Assignment will involve utilizing basic computer and email skills, having compassion and a spirit of customer service working with a diverse population of senior adults and volunteers. Training is provided. The SHINE program is an extension of the Area Agency on Aging (AAA).
Gain satisfaction in knowing that you have helped to improve the quality of life for seniors in your community!
- Case Work / Management
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible according to your availability to serve
- Visitor Registry Clerk - Circle...
- Do You Enjoy Performing Magic...
- Educator Assistant
- Speak Up for Children - Dundee
- Nature Explorer Outdoor...
- Homework Helpers - Combee...
- Shooting Range Safety Assistant...
- Speak Up for Children - North...
- Big Brother / Big Sister or...
- Karaoke Performer and Singaree...
- Homework Helpers - Mulberry...
- Center Cleanup Crew
- Research Assistant
- Fundraising and Grants Assistant
- Speak Up for Children - Haines...
- Education Program Station Ranger...
- Speak Up for Children - Davenport
- Group Project Options - Paint &...
- Diplomats of Tourism - Visitor...