The Utica Children’s Museum is operating in near start-up mode and is in the process of being transformed into a hands-on, interactive destination that will impact more than 100,000 visitors over the next five years.
NASA AND SPACE ENTHUSIASTS
We are seeking a motivated individual to assist the Museum Educator with enhancing and expanding the Museum’s existing NASA exhibit and planned space exploration education. You would research and update existing and potential partnerships with NASA, JPL, and other entities. You would assist in creating a proposal to redefine the Museum’s current NASA exhibit to create a new exhibit focused on the science and technology of flight and how physics is incorporated into all forms of flight.
We are looking for individuals who are interested in doing programming and working with our education staff to bring dynamic, hands-on activities to our visitors about space, technology, and physics in fun and engaging ways.
Ideally, you already have a passion for space exploration and would like to share your enthusiasm and knowledge with others. You can interact with the public in a warm and friendly manner.
Must be passionate about the role of a children’s museum in the community and working with a child’s natural curiosity to learn.
We seek someone that can commit a minimum of 5 hours a week for no less than four months. You can certainly volunteer more as space exploration is an important part of the Museum’s mission and we are exploring ways in which to add more hands-on components.
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- 5 hours a week for no less than four months
- Need to be available onsite on one or more of these days: Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun, weekend preferred
- Transportation Assistance as...
- Model Train Enthusiasts
- Visitor Services Volunteer
- Fun and Energetic Marketing and...
- Volunteer Coordinator for...
- Custodian / Maintenance Volunteer
- Utica Children's Museum Docent
- Office Assistant
- Elf Walk 2016 Volunteers Needed!
- Decorate the Children's Museum...
- Space Exploration Enthusiasts
- Looking for a great one day...
- Short-Term - Programs/Activities