Speak Up for Children - Haines City
20 people are interested
With so much concern as we have in 2018 right now for Florida's children, if you are willing to step forward to make a difference for Polk's kids - here is a meaningful opportunity!
- The Florida Department of Children & Families reported that across the state during FY 2017;
- Serve in a Polk County, FL community area near you, as an adult volunteer advocate for children and to voice their rights.
- Must be age 21 or older, and will be appointed by the court to advocate, and protect the rights and best interests of a child involved in a court proceeding.
- Make recommendations to the court based on the needs of each child, most of whom have been victims of abuse or neglect.
- Make visits to their home / foster home and visit with the children.
- Monthly training is provided.
- Must successfully complete 30 hours of certification training and 6 hours annually of re certification training, and spend an average of 10 hours per month working on the case (as with any average, some cases will involve more time, and some less time).
- Fingerprinting and background screening is required of Guardian Ad Litems and is provided at no cost to them.
- Guardian ad Litems are objective, non-judgemental & able to interact with people of various educational, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Help make a difference in the life of a child and speak on their behalf!
We'll work with your schedule.
Guardian Ad LitemHaines City, FL 33844
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Crisis Intervention
- Case Work / Management
- Crisis Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training