Connecticut Association for the Gifted - Board of Directors Member Experienced in Public Relations
8 people are interested
The Connecticut Association for the Gifted (CAG), founded in 1969, is the pre-eminent parent, teacher and school resource, and legislative advocate forConnecticut’s talented and high-ability students. CAG provides families with information, resources and programs to benefit their gifted and talented children; educators with high-quality professional development; and Boards of Education with the tools to support talented students.
CAG is seeking an individual to serve as a Board member who has a hands-on background in public relations, including firsthand social media experience. The ideal candidate would possess a working knowledge of strategic marketing that includes a blend of media relations, marketing planning and advocacy. CAG desires assistance to expand its reach, awareness and membership statewide -- including further penetration into underserved communities. Also important will be cultivating and maintaining relationships with funders, legislators and collaborating organizations, as well as the ability to work at a quick pace, flexibly and nimbly. Must also possess excellent written and verbal skills.
Responsibilities to include the following:
- Identifying and crafting stories that communicate the essence of an organization’s mission and successes
- Collaborating with the Executive Director and Board leadership to develop and execute a comprehensive communications plan employing strategies that will broaden programmatic reach and deepen impact
- Developing and refining "core" organizational messages to ensure consistency across all platforms
- Identifying significant media and public policy issues that can be leveraged to support CAG’s work, and creating and implementing plans to exploit them
- Managing messaging for ongoing promotion of major programs and developing messaging for new initiatives
- Along with ED and officers, representing organization at public events, conferences, workshops, networking groups and media events
- Developing and supporting relationships with CT media
- Working with all appropriate committees including Development and Partnership, to assist with corporate/small business/like-minded organization engagement efforts
- Serving as Executive Editor for the organization's website
- Along with Program Coordinator, overseeing organizational response to inquiries about CAG
- Coaching and supporting all staff and board members as spokespersons
- Previous experience on a non-profit board is helpful
This is an unpaid (volunteer) position. To apply or for further information contact Lisa Garner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
P.O. Box 2598WESTPORT, CT 06880
- Social Media / Blogging
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- as needed