The Hospital Elder Life Program is a program that aims to provide extra attention and care to senior citizens admitted to the hospital.
Unique opportunity to assist patients with activities of daily living, games, conversation, feeding, music therapy, relaxation, and various tasks . Ideal opportunity for anybody interested in working hands on with patients in a hospital setting.
- Maintain physical and cognitive functioning throughout hospitalization
- Improve the care of elderly patients
What can I gain as a volunteer?
- Experience working with older adults
- Interest and experience in the field of healthcare
- Confidence working with patients
- Satisfaction in knowing you helped improve the hospital stay of older adults by providing companionship, stimulation, orientation, and therapeutic activities
HELP is funded through The Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey.
- Music Therapy
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Elder care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs/week for at least 6 months. Flexible hours