Hospital Elder Life Program:
Recipient of the 2017 Hospital Award for Volunteer Excellence
Volunteers with the Hospital Elder Life Program provide essential services to our senior population. Volunteers help to create a friendly hospital environment by providing sympathetic support, encouragement, and companionship to older patients and their families.
Our main goal is to help patients maintain cognitive and physical functioning throughout hospitalization. Unique opportunity to assist patients with activities of daily living, games, conversation, feeding, music therapy, relaxation, and various tasks . Ideal opportunity for anybody interested in working hands on with patients in a hospital setting.
What can I gain as a volunteer?
- Experience working with older adults
- Interest and experience in the field of healthcare
- Confidence working with patients
- Satisfaction in knowing you helped improve the hospital stay of older adults by providing companionship, stimulation, orientation, and therapeutic activities
HELP initially funded through The Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey.
Contact: Dhyana.email@example.com - 973-450-2559
- Patient Care
- Massage Therapy
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs/week for at least 6 months. Flexible hours