Hospital Elder Life Program:
Recipient of the 2017 Hospital Award for Volunteer Excellence from the American Hospital Association
The Hospital Elder Life Program is a program that aims to provide extra attention and care to senior citizens admitted to the hospital.
Unique opportunity to assist patients with activities of daily living (range of motion exercises and ambulation). Training will be provided by an in-house physical therapist and nurse. Ideal opportunity for anybody interested in working hands on with patients in a hospital setting.
- Maintain physical and cognitive functioning throughout hospitalization
- Improve the care of elderly patients
What can I gain as a volunteer?
- Experience working with older adults
- Interest and experience in the field of healthcare
- Confidence working with patients
- Satisfaction in knowing you helped improve the hospital stay of older adults by providing companionship, stimulation, orientation, and therapeutic activities
Clara Maass Medical Center was able to launch HELP through a generous grant from The Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey
Flexible hours: Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.
Contact: Dhyana.Velez@rwjbh.org - 973.450.2559
- Physical Therapy
- Crisis Counseling
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs/week for at least 6 months, Flexible hours