Washington DC: Tutors, coaches, and community service volunteers needed for underserved DC youth!
57 people are interested
We currently need volunteers to serve as tutors, coaches, and community service members for our Tutoring, Rowing, Tennis, Aquatics(Swimming, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving) programs, and community service events. We are working to provide access to incredible educational opportunities for youth who need exposure to to all the activities and essential learning opportunities in Washington, DC.
The Fall 2016 Schedule is listed below:Tutoring
- When: Mondays - Thursdays 4 - 7 p.m. (September 6th-December 14th)
- Where: Jan's Tutoring House -- 1527/1529 Pennsylvania Avenue SE
- When: Thursdays and Sundays 4:30 - 6 p.m. (September 1-October 27th)
- Where: Anacostia Community Boathouse -- 1900 M Street SE
- When: Session I: Fridays 5 - 7p.m. (September 16th-October 21st)
- Where: 1700 East Capitol St NE
- When: Tuesdays and Thursdays 5 - 7 p.m. (October 25th-Decmber 1st)
- Where: 1100 Michigan Ave. NE
Community Service Events-Ongoing
- Please email email@example.com
About SERVE YOUR CITY
1529 PENNSYLVANIA AVE SE, WASHINGTON, DC 20003, US
Serve Your City (SYC) is a non-profit that creates essential learning opportunities for at-risk DC students through innovative programming and the engagement of passionate volunteers. We train young professionals to teach and inspire students through literacy, math, science and wellness programs.
Serve Your City (SYC) is a Washington, DC-based non-profit that creates essential learning opportunities for at-risk students in our nation's capital.Serve Your City (SYC) is a Washington, DC-based non-profit that creates essential learning opportunities for at-risk students in our nation's capital.
We'll work with your schedule.
1529 Pennsylvania AveWashington DC, DC 20003
- Physical Education
- Youth Services
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Sports Coaching
- Only novice player skills in our sports is necessary. No coaching experience necessary.