Marlborough MA Caring Hearts Needed for Hospice (online training available)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
8 people are interested
Athena Hospice (Hospice of Western and Central MA)
Hospice Volunteer Program
- Quality of care is one of the cornerstones of our mission - a mission that could not be accomplished without the many 'helping hands' of our volunteers.
- All of our volunteers receive extensive training in providing comfort and support to families facing end-of-life issues. Please ask about our new online training now available!! Topics covered during volunteer training include hospice, ways to improve communication, active listening, identifying and respecting cultural differences, spirituality, and grief and the healing process.
- Without the contributions of each and every one of the volunteers, we would not be able to provide the level of care and comfort to our patients for which we are renowned.
- Volunteers are an invaluable part of our interdisciplinary team. They demonstrate a deep commitment to the Hospice Philosophy and to their desire to help others. Volunteers perform direct services, both tangible and intangible, on behalf of the patients and their family and indirect services in administrative, and education on behalf of the agency.
What do Hospice volunteers do?
- Our volunteers assist patients and their families in a variety of ways, including:
- Companionship, reading, taking patient outside
- Sitting quietly with a patient
- Administrative work in the Hospice office
- The most valuable skill a volunteer has is the ability to be a compassionate presence. Volunteers increase the quality of life by offering emotional support and companionship to patients and their families.
- Volunteers in hospice find it personally gratifying, intellectually stimulating, and emotionally meaningful to assist those in need at a critical point in their lives. Volunteers consistently report that helping the terminally ill through Athena Hospice is not about dying but about living.
Please Contact Kristin Held at firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll work with your schedule.
Marlborough Hills areaSouthboroughOxfordMarlborough, MA 01752
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Music Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Administrative Support
- Animal Therapy
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- CORI check & Training (online training now available)