Help provide free clothing and toys to children in foster care and relative care homes
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
59 people are interested
Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10am to 5pm
Volunteers and special project volunteer groups, team building opportunities and coordinated school groups or mission trips from out of state may be arranged by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with requests.
Volunteers do some of the following at the Foster Care Support Distribution Center depending on the tasks at hand for the day.
- Sort clothing, size or restock the center for easy selection by foster children.
- Play with babies and toddlers in the nursery while foster parents select their needed items (no diaperchanging or trips to the bathroom with children allowed by sitters: best way to babysit). Foster parents must do this.
- Wash, put together or take apart infant equipment to make sure all is safe and in excellent condition to be used by a foster child.
- Sort toys and make sure all pieces are there(puzzles, games, etc,) Regular volunteers can learn the process of sorting and distribution to children and help in the toy room.
- Battery check toys to make sure they work.
- Clean outside toys and check bikes to make sure tires and brakes are good.
- Mow grass and do yard work.
- Move bags to/from storage.
- Do crafts with foster children ages 4 to 10. Please check for an available date. If you are bringing a craft, you must get it approved first.
- Load bags of clothing and toys and bikes into foster parents' cars on appointment days.
- Check incoming cribs, strollers and infant equipment to make sure they are safe for distribution.
- Fill orders for children living too far away to come themselves, pack them and get them ready for shipping.
Volunteering times to help at the Fostering Hope Bargain Resale Store at 608 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Suite 210, Roswell GA 30076
Mondays through Saturdays from 10am to 5pm
Volunteers help organize, tag, hang and place items for sale to the public that cannot be used at the distribution center.
We'll work with your schedule.
115 Mansell Place ( physical address)Tuesdays thru Saturdays 10am to 2pmRoswell, GA 30076
- Grant Writing / Research
- Group Facilitation
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 10am to 5
- willing to help in distribution center sorting, restocking, organizing, helping clients, etc