The social media and communications intern supports social media and communication strategies for the organization, which may include maintaining the organizations online presence, distributing media kits to stakeholders, and compiling mentor stories for dissemination. The intern believes in the Mentors, Inc. mission, is a high-energy team player, and has superb relationship building, management, and stewardship talents.
- Updating and maintaining an online presence for Mentors, Inc. and our programs via social media sites and agency website
- Compiling and drafting mentor stories to be used in agency newsletter, online publications, grant proposals, etc.
- Creating and distributing media/communications kits to local outlets and key stakeholders
- Assisting the Executive Director in coordinating quarterly newsletter
- Serving as a Mentors, Inc. liaison reaching out to local businesses, individuals, and congregations
- Drafting media releases, Q&As, PSAs, newsletter articles, other documents
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
May perform other duties and responsibilities that staff may deem necessary from time to time.
- Current high school applicants, must be currently enrolled in high school otherwise;
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Applicants must have strong verbal communication skills and possess the ability to collaborate with a variety of adult and youth personalities
- Candidates should possess strong attention to detail
- Applicants should be self-motivated, possess good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, as well as multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Candidates should be proficient in Microsoft word, Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be positive and enthusiastic, proactive, high initiative, and flexible.
- Ability to work well in small collegial office setting and commit to confidentiality requirements.
- Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising (or related) majors are preferred, but anyone with a passion for youth development, mentoring and strong writing skills is encouraged to apply
- Understanding of mentoring programs and/or youth education. Understanding of Mentors, Inc. mission is ideal.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Basic Computer Skills
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Some time at office for meetings and packaging deliverables is required.