Music for the Soul
35 people are interested
'Music for the Soul’ is a wonderful opportunity for musicians/students to share their musical talents and enhance the patient experience by playing soothing music for the patients and visitors in our hospital lobby. Our goal is to provide soft instrumental music and to create a warm and relaxing environment for patients who are waiting for testing or to be admitted. An electronic keyboard is available at the hospital.
- Volunteer must be fluent in his/her instrument of choice and able to play in front of a small crowd of people.
- You will receive 2x the hours for this position.
- An audition is required to start this position. It can be conducted in the Volunteer Resources Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to play instrument for 1-3 hours with short breaks if needed.
- Have good people skills and talk to patrons and patients if necessary
List of Preferred Instruments:
- Acoustic Guitar
We'll work with your schedule.
Allegheny General Hospital320 E. North AvenuePittsburgh, PA 15212
- Music Therapy
- Wind Instrument
- Keyboard Instrument
- Music Arts
- String Instrument
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Weekly or monthly