With the help of volunteer medical providers like you, Venice Family Clinic is able to provide comprehensive health care services to people in need.
At this point in time, we have a specific need for volunteer psychiatrists. The Clinic’s mental health program provides counseling, psychiatric services, and psychosocial support related to the social stress of poverty, homelessness, unemployment, and domestic violence. Services include crisis intervention as well as individual, family, and group therapy.
We are open Monday-Friday mornings, afternoons, and evenings with 10 locations throught the westside of Los Angeles though the main hub of our behavior health programs is located in Santa Monica.
* Evaluate patients referred by primary care doctors or other mental health providers.
* Recommend and prescribe psychiatric medications if indicated.
* Follow - up with patients and consult with mental health team as appropriate.
* Spanish speaking is a plus.
* Board Eligible / Board Certified Psychiatrist
* California physician license
* Spanish Speaker
* 18 yrs of age or older
To apply, please follow the steps outlined on our website for Providers and Licensed Volunteers (http://www.venicefamilyclinic.org/volunteers/apply-to-volunteer-providers-and-licensed-volunteers) or contact Cassie Roque, Volunteer Services Manager, directly at email@example.com or (310) 664-7561 with a copy of your resume and a description of how you would like to get involved.
To learn more about Venice Family Clinic's programs and locations, please visit: www.venicefamilyclinic.org.
- Mental Health
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Min. 8 hours per month for 6 months
- Board Eligible / Board Certified Psychiatrist, California physician license, Spanish Speaker