In addition to homework assistance, volunteers with the Neighborhood House Youth Tutoring program will support staff in delivering a variety of academic skills building activities. By hanging out with, and building relationships with the students, volunteers will also have an opportunity to provide mentorship to students aged K-12th grade.
Program hours are Monday-Thursday, 3:00-5:00pm (K-5th grade) and 5:00-7:00pm (middle and high school). Volunteers can choose their days and times within these program hours. We require a minimum commitment of two hours/week for three months.
- Ability to interact with youth in a patient and respectful manner
- A desire to build relationships with youth
- An interest in education is a plus
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- minimum of three months is preferred
- ESL Instructor, High Point...
- Join us for Story Time Thursdays...
- Support early learners in a...
- Provide Auburn youth with...
- Friendly people needed for front...
- Support toddler development in...
- Help at this fun youth event!...
- After school Youth Homework Help...
- High Point Teen Programs-...
- Tutor Youth in White Center