English At Large is a nonprofit, volunteer-based organization that provides one-to-one tutoring in ESOL and English conversation groups for immigrant and refugee adults. Our service area includes 21 towns in Eastern Massachusetts.
As a volunteer one-to-one tutor with English At Large, you will be:
- Trained in a 9-hour workshop series to learn the essentials of a successful tutoring relationship
- Matched with an adult learner in your area
- Encouraged to work with your learner for 2-3 hours per week, always in a public place--usually a library. (You and your learner will agree on time and place.)
- Expected to make a minimum commitment of 50 contact hours with your learner
Contact English At Large to learn more:
781-395-2374 or Coordinator@EnglishAtLarge.org
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours, weekly
- Volunteer in a small, friendly,...
- English Tutor in Acton
- ESOL Tutor in Wakefield, MA
- English Tutor in Waltham
- ESOL Tutor in Medford
- Monday Morning ESOL Group Leader...
- Basic English Volunteer ESL...
- ESOL Tutor for Recent Immigrants
- Internships working with English...
- Tuesday Morning ESOL Group...
- English Tutor in Lexington
- ESOL Group Leader (Woburn)