RSVP/Harry Chapin Food Bank
19 people are interested
Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida work’s with more than 20 partner agencies in Collier County. HCFB collects food from retailers and grocery stores, provides fresh produce and other nutritious food to children, families and seniors, etc. There is an immediate need for volunteers to assist with their mobile pantries, in their warehouse and with special events. At the warehouse, volunteers will assist with sorting, inspecting and boxing items, Monday’s and Friday’s, from 9 am to 12 noon and 1 to 4 pm, and Saturday’s from 9 am to 12 noon. At the mobile pantries, volunteers will assist with set-up, distributing food to clients, break-down and clean-up, hours and location varies. Volunteers are expected to lift up to 40 pounds and stand for a minimum of 3 hours. Must be 55 or older. Contact 239-252-4230 for more information.
About RSVP of Collier County
3339 E. Tamiami Tr., Naples, FL 34112, US
RSVP is a national program designed to provide opportunities for persons 55 and older who want to continue to remain actively involved in the life of their community. Our volunteers make a difference by utilizing their skills and interests to meet the needs of local nonprofits and governmental agencies.
Volunteering offers you the opportunity to use skills that you already possess, or learn new ones as you work to make a difference. Seniors who join RSVP report that their social lives become more active as they meet other volunteers. In addition, volunteering regularly can improve your overall health and well-being.
The Corporation for National and Community Service identifies focus areas in the Serve America Act. Collier County RSVP focuses on the following areas:
- Disaster Services - Concerns regarding the preparation, mitigation, response, and recovery efforts that relate to disaster events
- Economic Opportunity- Addresses unmet needs of economically disadvantaged individuals, including financial literacy, affordable housing, and employment-related assistance
- Education - Topics related to unmet educational needs within communities, especially those that help at-risk youth to achieve success in school and prevent them from dropping out
- Healthy Futures - Addresses unmet health needs, including access to health care, increasing physical activity and improving nutrition in youth, and increasing seniors’ ability to remain in their own home
- Veterans and Military Families - Addresses unmet needs of veterans, members of the armed forces and family members of deployed military personnel
We'll work with your schedule.
3339 E. Tamiami Tr.Naples, FL 34112
- Disaster Response
- Food Service
- Child Welfare
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- must be 55 and older and have access to e-mail