We often need SUPPLIES for our Rescue and this is where you come in!! RHR volunteers do all the cleaning and maintenance of the Rescue facility as well as caring for and working with the animals. This opportunity would be great for Schools, Churches, Work Campaigns, and Scouts.
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity!
Collect Supplies | Start a Donation Drive and when done present or ship to our Rescue on Long Island, New York. If you live further away you can order from our Amazon Wish List where they ship directly to RHR or collect the food and other items listed on this site and bring/ship your donations to us!!
Length of term:
There is no minimum amount of time required, only what you are able to volunteer.
Can start immediately.
COLLECT GENTLY USED/CLEAN -- Towels, Sheets, Pillows, Blankets, Pet Beds, Pet Toys, Wire Crates & Travel Crates.
OTHER SUPPLIES: Newspapers, Plastic Grocery Bags, Peanut Butter, Marrow bones.
See RHR's Wish List on Amazon - you do not have to order from Amazon but this gives you an idea of the food and other items we need: http://amzn.com/w/3K6ROSWV2YKHR
- For shipping and our physical address please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please click on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of this page and
- Include in your comments:
- Where you are located and when you are starting this opportunity
- Any questions
- AGE REQUIREMENT: If under 18 years old need permission of parent or guardian
- COMMUNITY HOURS: We do not provide a letter for service hours BUT if you do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Pennies for RHR Fundraiser or a Garage/Tag Sale at your school/church/community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "Exercise + ResQWalk"or "Exercise + Wooftrax" volunteer opportunities where your time and distance exercised is recorded on the cell phone application.
- MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: PLEASE CLICK ON THE BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" LINK (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the red "I want to help!" button). Click on "Volunteer Opportunities" tab.
Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
Ruff House Rescue, P.O. Box 365, Oceanside, NY 11572
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- If under 18 years old need permission of guardian/parent
- Clerical/Admin needed for Social...
- U-R-G-E-N-T!!! Dog Walkers [or]...
- Store Assistant or Clerk at...
- Transportation for Our Pups --...
- Foster a Dog or Puppy |or|...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- In person & Virtual Junior...
- Petco Adoption Events
- Exercise + Wooftrax a free...
- Virtual Junior Volunteer Positions
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage|Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Jeans for A Day!! Short Term
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Dog Treats | Baked Goods Sales...
- Kitty Help at Petco
- Exercise + ResQWalk a free...
- Marketing | PR | Fundraising...