We often need SUPPLIES for our Rescue and this is where you come in!! RHR volunteers do all the cleaning and maintenance of the Rescue facility -- as well as caring for and working with the animals. This opportunity would be great for Schools, Churches, Work Campaigns, and Scouts.
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity!
Start a Kennel Supplies Drive where items and/or money is collected and then shipped or dropped-off to our Rescue on Long Island, New York. Or select items from our Amazon Wish List, where Amazon directly ships to RHR.
Length of term:
There is no minimum amount of time required, only what you are able to volunteer.
Can start immediately.
RHR's Wish List on Amazon - you do not have to order from Amazon but this gives you an idea of the food and other items needed: http://amzn.com/w/3K6ROSWV2YKHR
Collect Gently Used/Clean -- Towels, Sheets, Pillows, Blankets, Pet Beds, Pet Toys, Wire Crates & Travel Crates.
Other Supplies: Newspapers, Plastic Grocery Bags, Peanut Butter, Marrow bones.
Need other ideas: e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For shipping and our physical address please e-mail us!
- Please click on the Red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of this page and
- Include in your comments:
- Where you are located and when you are starting this opportunity
- Any questions
- RHR’s website - In the upper left hand corner of this page click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue" link. Click on the "More Information" tab and the website address is located to the right under "Website".
UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT:
See our "Junior Volunteer" positions
Letter ONLY provided for some In-person Opportunities BUT if you do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Start a "RHR Dog Rescue Club" and help our mission (with Baked Goods Sales, Monies/Pennies for RHR Fundraiser, or Wear Jeans or PJs for A Day) or a Garage |Tag Sale at your school | church |community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "Exercise + ResQWalk" or "Exercise + Wooftrax" volunteer opportunities where your time and distance exercised is recorded on the cell phone application.
MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
PLEASE click on the BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" link (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the RED "I want to help!" button). Click on "Volunteer Opportunities" tab.
Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- If under 18 years old need permission of guardian/parent
- Clerical/Admin needed for Social...
- U-R-G-E-N-T!!! Dog Walkers [or]...
- Store Assistant or Clerk at...
- Transportation for Our Pups --...
- Foster a Dog or Puppy |or|...
- Web Designer - Experienced
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- In person & Virtual Junior...
- Petco Adoption Events
- Exercise + Wooftrax a free...
- Virtual Junior Volunteer Positions
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage|Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Blue Jeans | Pajamas for A...
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Dog Treats | Baked Goods Sales...
- Kitty Help at Petco
- Exercise + ResQWalk a free...
- DONATE YOUR BIRTHDAY ON FACEBOOK...