SHELTER DRIVE: Collect Supplies for Animal Rescue!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
44 people are interested
We often need SUPPLIES for our Rescue and this is where you come in!! RHR volunteers do all the cleaning and maintenance of the Rescue facility -- as well as caring for and working with the animals. This opportunity would be great for Universities (clubs, fraternities, sororities), Schools, Teams, Churches, Work Campaigns, and Scouts.
1 animal is euthanized in the U.S. every 16 seconds, 4 million annually (Humane Society of US).
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." The Dalai Lama
Start a Kennel Supplies Drive where items (see below for items) and/or money is collected and then shipped or dropped-off to our Rescue on Long Island, New York. Or select items from our Amazon Wish List, where Amazon directly ships to RHR.
Length of term:
There is no minimum amount of time required, only what you are able to volunteer.
Can start immediately.
- RHR's Wish List on Amazon: you do not have to order from Amazon but this gives you an idea of the food and other items needed. Copy and paste: http://amzn.com/w/3K6ROSWV2YKHR
- DOG SUPPLIES WE ALWAYS NEED: Collect Gently Used and Clean -- Throw blankets (no fitted sheets, pillowcases, comforters, or pillows - these can be donated to Thrifty Pawz Consignment Shop), towels, and top sheets. Disposable gloves, paper towels, bleach, Trader Joe’s Dog Biscuits, unscented laundry detergent, Dawn dish detergent, and Healthy Edibles Bones by Nylabone.
- Need other ideas: please email us at email@example.com
For shipping and our physical address please e-mail us!
- Please click on the Red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of this page and
- Include in your comments:
- Where you are located and when you are starting this opportunity
- Any questions
RHR’s website - In the upper left hand corner of this page click on the "Ruff House Rescue" link. Click on the "More Information" tab and the website address is located to the right under "Website".
Letter is NOT provided! Some other ideas -- a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Start a "RHR Dog Rescue Club" and help our mission (with Baked Goods Sales, Monies/Pennies for RHR Fundraiser, or Wear Jeans or PJs for A Day) or a Garage |Tag Sale at your school | church |community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "Exercise + ResQWalk" or "Exercise + Wooftrax" volunteer opportunities where your time and distance exercised is recorded on the cell phone application.
MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
PLEASE see below.
Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- If under 18 years old need permission of guardian/parent