Once Loved, Again Background:
Once Loved, Again | Resale Boutique provides a hands-on opportunity for young adults to increase their social skills through practical education and support, with the end goal of increasing their employability skills and helping manage a business. Th e Once Loved, Again resale store’s focus is to provide a vehicle for job preparedness activities for young adults with an Autism Spectrum Diagnosis. Participants will incorporate skills learned through training at the resale store.
The thrift store’s name derives from the premise that there are many items in the community that once had the love and affection of their owners and now need a new home. Once Loved, Again will give new purpose to donated items, helping reduce waste and raise funds for Santiago & Friends | Family Center for Autism.
Thrift Store Volunteer Coordinator or Thrift Store
Work at Once Loved, Again in any of a variety of functions from receipt of donations to vacuuming.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and thank customers.
- Assist customers with questions.
- Perform duties as Dressing Room Attendant.
- Hang and organize clothing and linens.
- Organize and shelve new merchandise.
- Light cleaning (sweeping, dusting, etc.)
- Shelve and alphabetize records and books.
- Merchandize items.
- Opportunity for committed, long-term volunteers to learn
how to operate cash register and sort clothing donations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess good organizational and communication skills
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Comfortable working with people of varying socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations and racial diversity.
- Many tasks involve standing or walking around the store, and some moderate lifting
- Social Media / Blogging
- Retail / Sales
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 4 Hours a Week Minimum