Heartland Hospice is currently seeking volunteers to provide comfort to patients at the very end of their lives.
Vigil volunteers have the privelege of being with patients as they transition into the final stages of the dying process. Vigil volunteers are an asset to hospice patients by providing comfort, compassion, and care at the very end of life. Patients in facilities also benefit from these compassionate individuals as the volunteers are able to keep a watchful eye on patients to ensure that they are comfortable and alert facility staff if there are any problems.
Vigil volunteers are a special group of people that must feel comfortable with the possibility of being present when the patient passes away.
If you think you may be interested in this special opportunity, let us know!
If you feel that you are interested in hospice volunteering, but vigil may not be right for you, let us know and we can find other roles to assist in keeping patients comfortable!
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Make a lifelong impact-Volunteer...
- Volunteers needed in Suffolk,...
- Vigil Volunteers Needed
- Bereavement Program Volunteers...
- Hospice Volunteers Needed in...
- Vigil Volunteers for Hospice
- Hospice Volunteer
- Hospice Volunteers in Portsmouth
- Volunteer once per week in Norfolk
- Hospice Volunteers in...
- Hospice Friendly Visitor in...
- Suffolk Hospice Volunteers Needed
- Volunteer Once Per Week!
- Hair Stylist-Hospice
- Help those in need in Hospice!
- Medical Office Volunteering!
- Volunteer once a week in...
- Hospice Volunteering!
- Massage Therapy-Hospice
- Volunteer once per week!