Are you seeking a flexible volunteer opportunity to make a real difference in people's lives?
Have you always wanted to be on the ground floor of an exciting start-up of a social good enterprise?
Are you seeking to work and have fun along side others who share these same values?
Do you love to create, craft, sew, quilt - or always wanted to learn?
The Mitsy Kit program is a patent pending, touch guided sewing system that enables the blind, visually impaired, memory impaired, elderly and others to overcome physical or cognitive barriers - enabling them to sew and quilt to produce beautiful results through a simple process.
We are currently providing workshops throughout Mass, Maine, and New Hampshire and are getting requests to expand across the U.S.
We need volunteers to help us expand our supply to meet demand.
As a volunteer you will have the option to do one or many of the following activities:
Provide administrative, marketing, and inventory management support:
- Help develop marketing brochures, signs, email communications.
- Help design and publish training materials with presentations, audio, video photos and electronic publishing media.
- Help with updating of inventory management tracking and reporting.
- Help with back office record keeping, organization.
Provide manufacturing, assembly and packaging of Mitsy Kit products:
- Cut fabric using industrial die machine, manual or electric scissors, rotary cutters and rulers.
- Machine sewing of tactile borders onto !fabric pieces.
- Package Mitsy Kit sewing components into kits.
We will provide all of the training and materials necessary for the right volunteer applicants who will compliment our outstanding team.
Most of our work will need to be done on premises and we do have changing weekly schedules depending upon training workshop requests. However, in general we meet on Tuesday's, Thursdays and Saturdays at the 99 Church street location.
Please contact me with any questions or to schedule time to discuss this exciting opportunity!
- Elder care
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Variable, would like estimated weekly commitment