Smithsonian needs Cheerful Concessions Volunteers
38 people are interested
The Associates volunteer program recruits and trains Concession Sales Volunteers to:
1) With a volunteer partner, manage the concessions table during evening programs, Mondays through Thursdays. Volunteers do one shift a month, for a re-occurring time slot (ex. 1st Mondays, 2nd Thursdays, 4th Wednesdays, etc.)
2) Enhance program participants' experiences by providing light food and beverages during evening program hours in the Ripley Center (the volunteer shift is 5:30 pm-7:30 pm),
3) Represent The Smithsonian Associates Program with excellent customer service that provides an enjoyable and comfortable atmosphere for patrons.
4) Promote Smithsonian Associates Memberships and the upgraded benefit levels while making small talk with our patrons. (Training provided.)
NOTE: Concessions Volunteers are welcome to sit in on the evening's lecture program after completing their shifts at 7:30 pm. (Most programs run until 8:45 pm), in most instances.
We'll work with your schedule.
Smithsonian Associates ProgramThe Ripley Center1100 Jefferson Drive, SW, 3rd level undergroundWashington, DC 20026
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Food & Beverage Services
- Sales Process
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 x month, on a re-occurring day (ex. 2nd Mon.)
- shift is 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm