HealthStart’s primary purpose is to improve child health. HealthStart’s vision is that all children will learn how to be healthy from a young age as naturally as they learn the ABCs and counting. HealthStart Foundation strives to empower kids to create a healthier future for our communities with early health education.
HealthStart developed a curriculum for preschoolers and their families because lessons young children learn often stay with them for life. These early life lessons can affect a child’s behavioral, social and self-regulatory capacities, cognitive functioning, and physical health. The HEY! program introduces preschoolers and elementary school students to the concepts of health and wellness. HEY! teaches the importance of eating the rights foods and getting proper exercise. Our programs are geared for the entire family with several tools to help parents engage in the process. HealthStart believes our program helps lay the foundation for children to have better and healthier lives.
HealthStart is currently seeking a Foundations Committee Chair to join its Board of Directors. This is an unpaid position. The full scope of responsibilities will be determined based on the experience of the applicant, but will likely include:
- Acting as Chair of the Foundations Committee
- Leading the design of strategies and materials for foundation outreach and grant solicitation
- Drafting letters of inquiry, grant proposals and foundation communications
- Overseeing development of the organization’s foundation prospect list
- Attend monthly Board meetings and bi-annual strategic planning sessions
- Contribute to and support the organization by attending events, acting as spokesperson and providing support to other committees as needed
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Proven track record in drafting successful grant proposals
- Experience working with or for family, corporate or other foundations
- Ability to set agenda, manage people, and drive action to meet goals
- A passion for the HealthStart mission
- Strong speaking and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Board meetings (one evening monthly)
- Committee meetings (1-2x a quarterly)
- Two strategic planning session annually (all day on a Saturday)
- Outside time needed to accomplish duties (5-10 hours/month depending on workload)
Term: Board Membership is a 2-year term with up to 2-two year renewals.
To apply, please send a resume and statement of interest to Executive Director Robin Herskowitz, email@example.com . We look forward to hearing from you.
The Health Start Foundation is a 501c3 organization. You can learn more about our work and successes at www.healthstartfoundation.org.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Resource Development / Management
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment