AIDSfreeAFRICA is looking for people who have had experience serving on a non-profit virtual board of a organization based in New York with focus on West Africa.
In addition to YOUR unique skill that you will bring to the board we want you to agree to
Meeting Minutes & Authority
- The secretary is responsible for ensuring that accurate minutes of meetings are taken and stored. The Secretary participates in Board meetings as a voting member. The Secretary can provide items for the agenda as appropriate.
- The Secretary is designated as one of the signing officers for documents. In this capacity, the Secretary may be authorized or required to sign or countersign applications, reports, contracts or other documents on behalf of organization.
Meeting Notifications & Communication
- The Secretary ensures that proper notification is given of directors' and members' meetings as specified in the bylaws.
Filing General Records
- The secretary ensures that the records of the organization are maintained as required by law and made available when required by authorized persons. These records may include founding documents, lists of directors, board and committee meeting minutes, financial reports, and other official records.
Filing Membership Records
- The Secretary ensures that official records are maintained of members of the organization and Board. He/She ensures that these records are available when required for reports, elections, other votes, etc.
- The Secretary ensures that an up-to-date copy of the bylaws is available at all meetings.
Opportunity to Travel (Not Required)
- consider accompany the president at least once to Cameroon for a minimum of 2 weeks especially if you have never been anywhere in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Love the mission and vision of AIDSfreeAFRICA.
You will have the opportunity to enjoy the satisfaction that comes with making a difference in peoples lives. You will learn things about one country in Africa in great detail and discover what gets lost in the News. And I may add, you will work with a dedicated bunch of people who believe that teaching to fish is preferable over giving fish.
- Resource Development / Management
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours a week
- Be open to be surprised. Trust us we know what we are doing and that your abilities are needed.