AIDSfreeAFRICA is looking for people who have had experience serving on a non-profit board of a small organization based in New York with focus on West Africa.
In addition to YOUR unique skill that you will bring to the board we want you to agree to
2. consider accompany the president at least once to Cameroon for a minimum of 2 weeks especially if you have never been anywhere in Sub-Saharan Africa.
3. Participate in a monthly SKYPE conference call - which is the board meeting, or join us in person in Ossining, New York.
4. You do NOT need to know anything about Pharmaceuticals and drug production. We got that covered. We are looking for board members who are not Chemists.
5. Love the mission and vision of AIDSfreeAFRICA.
You will have the opportunity to enjoy the satisfaction that comes with making a difference in peoples lives. You will learn things about one country in Africa in great detail and discover what gets lost in the News. And I may add, you will work with a dedicated bunch of people who believe that teaching to fish is preferable over giving fish.
- Resource Development / Management
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours a week
- Be open to be surprised. Trust us we know what we are doing and that your abilities are needed.