American Support For Afghanistan is seeking a creative graphic designer for the layout of a bilingual children’s book that will benefit the Afghan children. Work experience and a portfolio of work are required. The graphic artist must reside in the United States.
- Provide a children’s book layout document for print publication - will include English and Persian text and multiple illustrations, cover and front matter
- Provide creative input on book design
- Professionalism regarding time, cost considerations, and deadlines
- Work as part of a team with authors
- Proven graphic designing experience
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Must be proficient in Adobe InDesign or Layouts/ Desktop Publishing, and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of self-publishing, especially for print, a plus
- Experience with children’s books layout is a plus.
We can’t pay you, but a successful intern always deserves a glowing reference letter. And there’s that warm feeling you get from helping people in need.
If you are interested to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
About us: American Support for Afghanistan (ASA) is a nonprofit, 501c3 organization based in Santa Barbara, CA. ASA is a non-sectarian, non-governmental and strictly apolitical organization founded by Afghan native and Santa Barbara local Homaira Zahir in 2001. The organization is dedicated to the restoration and continuing development of Afghanistan, emphasizing the importance of empowering women and children for successful social change. For more information, visit www.asanonprofit.org.
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment