St. Anthony’s (FCP) is San Francisco’s largest free clothing program serving both individuals and families. We provide warm clothes, interview or employment apparel, and children's clothing to homeless and low-income families and individuals. The Free Clothing Program serves approximately 125 guests a day in three services: Men's Service, Women's Service, and Family Service. It is our goal to distribute the highest quality of clothing possible to ensure that our guests have a positive and dignified shopping experience.
The Donation Processing Lead is part of a core volunteer group that serves as a role model for other Free Clothing Program volunteers. He/she will volunteer in all processing stations (sorting, sizing, hanging, etc.) and is seen as a resource for other volunteers to learn from. They help answer sorting-related questions, maintain effective sorting processes, and ultimately ensure our guests have access to the highest quality of clothing possible.
Duties & Tasks:
- Assist with the processing of donations per FCP guidelines and standards.
- Sort donations by clothing type and select highest quality clothing for distribution to guests.
- Hang, size, steam, and prepare clothing for distribution.
- Lead clothing processing stations and serve as a resource for other volunteers.
- Support a team setting with a fun but efficient donation sorting environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent volunteer habits: professional, punctual, reliable, cooperative and team oriented.
- Ability to successfully volunteer with a diverse client population including people who are homeless and/or low-income, and people with physical and/or mental health disabilities.
- Ability to motivate a team to accomplish a shared goal.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Commitment to St. Anthony Foundation Statement of Values.
Please note that this opportunity is for individual volunteers only. If you would like to organize a group volunteer event, please email GroupVolunteer@stanthonysf.org. Thanks!
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Project Management
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hrs/week Monday-Friday between 8 and 4:30pm
- Must be 15 or older