St. Anthony’s (FCP) is San Francisco’s largest free clothing program serving both individuals and families. FCP provides warm clothes, interview and employment apparel, and children's clothing to low-income families and individuals, including those who are homeless. The Free Clothing Program serves approximately 125 guests a day in three services: Men's Service, Women's Service, and Family Service. It is our goal to distribute the highest quality of clothing possible to ensure that our guests have a positive and dignified shopping experience.
The Bilingual Personal Shopper volunteers directly with guests, helping men, women, and children find the clothing they need. He/she utilizes their Cantonese or Spanish speaking skills to communicate with guests who may not speak English and to assist them in finding the size and style of clothing and other items they are looking for.
Duties & Tasks:
- Assist with the processing of donations per FCP guidelines and standards.
- Prepare clothing racks for display in our store.
- Communicate with guests to understand their needs and help find the clothing they are looking for.
- Retrieve clothing and other requested items from the back of house donations for our guests.
- Organize store by picking up fallen clothes, collecting empty hangers, and tidying up our shopping space.
- Have at least conversational speaking skills in Cantonese or Spanish.
- Ability to be professional, polite, and tactful with our guests and maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Ability to successfully volunteer with a diverse client population including people who are homeless and/or low-income, and people with physical and/or mental health disabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent volunteer habits: professional, punctual, reliable, cooperative and team oriented.
- Ability to lift 10 lbs.
- Commitment to St. Anthony Foundation Statement of Values.
Please note that this volunteer opportunity is for individual volunteers only. If you would like to organize a group volunteer event, please email GroupVolunteer@stanthonysf.org. Thanks!
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Cantonese / Mandarin
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hrs/week Monday-Friday between 8 and 4:30pm
- Must be 15 or older