St. Anthony's Free Clothing Program (FCP) is San Francisco's largest free clothing program serving both individuals and families. FCP provides warm clothes, interview and employment apparel, and children's clothing to low-income families and individuals, including those who are homeless. The Free Clothing Program serves approximately 125 guests a day in three services: Men's Service, Women's Service, and Family Service. It is our goal to distribute the highest quality of clothing possible to ensure that our guests have a positive and dignified shopping experience.
The Personal Shopper volunteers directly with guests, helping men, women, children, and families find the clothing they need. He/she utilizes interpersonal skills to communicate with guests and to assist them in finding the size and style of clothing and other items they are looking for.
Duties & Tasks:
- Assist with the processing of donations per FCP guidelines and standards.
- Prepare clothing racks for display in our "store."
- Communicate with guests to understand their needs and help find the clothing they are looking for.
- Retrieve clothing and other requested items from the back of house donations for our guests.
- Organize "store" by picking up fallen clothes, collecting empty hangers, and tidying "shopping" space.
- Ability to be professional, polite, and tactful with our guests and maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Ability to successfully volunteer with a diverse client population including people who are homeless and/or low-income, and people with physical and/or mental health disabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent volunteer habits: professional, punctual, reliable, cooperative and team oriented.
- Ability to lift 10 lbs.
- Commitment to St. Anthony Foundation Statement of Values.
Please contact St. Anthony's Free Clothing Program (FCP) Volunteer Coordinator, Sophie Wasacz, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hrs/week Monday-Friday between 8 and 4:30pm
- Must be 15 or older