One Hope Centro de Vida Health Center, a program of East Central Ministries, is seeking volunteer dentists able to make a recurring commitment, at least once every other month. Volunteers in this role will help us create consistent access to dental care for low-income, uninsured patients.
East Central Ministries is an inclusive, faith-based community development ministry in the International District of Albuquerque, NM. The mission of One Hope Centro de Vida is to promote the holistic wellness of the International District by creating consistent access to affordable care, improving health literacy through education, and bridging the gap between healthcare and social factors that influence health with comprehensive case management.
Schedule: Currently, we have dental clinics scheduled on Tuesdays. If you would like to volunteer as a dentist, but you want to discuss scheduling before filling out an application, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Commitment: At least one session every other month, or 6 times per year
- Provide dental services, including check-ups, x-rays, fillings, extractions, root canals, etc. Volunteers may also potentially provide cleanings on occasion, as needs arise, if they are comfortable doing so.
- Educate patients about oral hygiene practices, at-home care, and regular professional cleanings
- Coordinate with Community Health Workers to facilitate the implementation of treatment plans/at-home care practices
- Coordinate with Community Health Workers and other volunteers on the dental team to ensure consistency of treatment, clinical procedures, etc.
- License to practice as a dentist in the state of New Mexico
- Passion for service
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills; comfort working in multi-cultural, multi-lingual environments
- Comfort working with interpreters
- Reliability, punctuality
- Spanish fluency or conversational skills a huge plus, but not required
We'll work with your schedule.
133 Virginia St NEAlbuquerque, NM 87108
- Patient Care
- Orientation or Training
- At least 1 shift every other month (6 shifts/year)
- License to practice as a dentist in NM