One Hope Centro de Vida Health Center, a program of East Central Ministries, is seeking volunteer dentists able to make a recurring commitment, at least once per month. Volunteers in this role will help us create consistent access to dental care for low-income, uninsured patients.
East Central Ministries is a social justice-oriented Christian community development ministry in the International District of Albuquerque, NM. The mission of One Hope Centro de Vida is to promote the holistic wellness of the International District by creating consistent access to affordable care, improving health literacy through education, and bridging the gap between healthcare and social factors that influence health with comprehensive case management.
Commitment: At least one day per month, for at least 4 hours, for 1 year or more
- Provide dental services, including cleanings, check-ups, x-rays, fillings, extractions, root canals, etc.
- Educate patients about oral hygiene practices, at-home care, and regular professional cleanings
- Coordinate with Community Health Workers to facilitate the implementation of treatment plans/at-home care practices
- License to practice in the state of New Mexico
- Passion for service
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills; comfort working in multi-cultural, multi-lingual environments
- Comfort working with interpreters
- Reliability, punctuality
- Spanish fluency or conversational skills a huge plus, but not required
To apply: Please visit the following link and fill out an application: https://app.betterimpact.com/PublicOrganization/115a1922-d666-40d8-8993-8dd1f8ad3636/Activity/6590c4ba-fa00-4f77-a4d6-367f5188b2aa/1
Or, if you'd like to ask any questions before filling out an application, e-mail Christy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- At least one shift/month, around four hours/shift