Help Serve Lunch to Seniors at Sunnyside!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
96 people are interested
The Senior Center provides around 200 meals a day to seniors. Volunteers will provide assistance in the senior center dining room and kitchen for lunch service, which includes food preparation, distribution and clean up.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
Under the direction of the kitchen supervisor you might be:
- Wrapping silverware
- Preparing components of the meals
- Serving meals
- Providing table service
- Assisting with clean up
- Washing dishes/pots and pans
- Wiping down tables
- Signing in Seniors
- Commitment and Consistent
- Considerate and patient
- Available Mondays through Fridays 9am to 2pm
- Work well with staff, volunteers, and clients
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Sensitive to diverse cultures
- Food handler OR OSHA certified preferred but not mandatory
43 - 31 39th StreetSunnyside, NY 11104
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Be available between 9am-2pm