We urgently need individuals who are passionate about working with children and engaging them in fun, interactive, and educational activities
Do you enjoy reading books and finger painting? We are looking for volunteers to assist in the DV program children's playroom room during the week. Volunteer Activity Coordinators engage with the children through positive games, help set up story time, crafts, games, videos, to create a positive and engaging atmosphere for the kids. We have kids of all ages, but tend to be more towards the 5-12 year olds currently.
Volunteers must be female (or accompanied by a female).
All volunteers will be required to provide references, complete an interview, and clear a Criminal Background Check. Volunteers will complete a small orientation and cultural competency training on their first night. Volunteers will also be expected to attend a YWCA Volunteer Orientation within a month of starting. Because of the confidential nature of this volunteer position, information on the program will be released only after the volunteer has been approved.
- Shifts available Monday through Friday evenings, 5:30-7:30pm
- Must be able to commitment to 1 consistent shift a week
- Be able to make a minimum of a six month commitment
- Thursdays are our biggest needs! We have space available for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday as well
- Youth are welcome but must be at least 16 and be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Toys, games and supplies are available. But volunteers are welcome to bring their own ideas.
- Experience with Early Childhood Education a plus!
Please sign up at www.ywcaworks.org/volunteer/ongoing or email us at email@example.com with subject: Kids Activity Coordinator
- Music Therapy
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Music Arts
- Child Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hrs once a week at minimum for at least 6 months