Adult Day Services for Seniors Volunteer
45 people are interested
For many families, the Social Adult Day Program offers a welcome alternative to a nursing home. Seniors can remain living in their homes, and caregivers can make time for their careers, for other family members, or for themselves. As a volunteer, under the direction of program staff you will be assisting with seniors activities and meal times.
The welcoming and home-like center includes a kitchen, a dining area, and activity room. Our highly qualified staff can assist with medication reminders, personal care, and grooming. A low staff-to-participant ratio enables us to offer each senior individualized assistance as needed.
- Therapeutic music, art, and dance sessions
- Sensory activities
- Gentle exercises
- Reminiscence groups
- Arts and crafts
The program serves a hot, nutritious lunch each day. We also offer door-to-door transportation in a van that is accessible to people in wheelchairs and people with limited mobility.
- Make at least a 3-month commitment
- Must have a medical clearance and an up-to-date (within 2 years) PPD test
- Choose you day/s, Mondays through Fridays; hours are set, 10am to 3pm
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and clients
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Sensitivity to diverse cultures
- Be caring, considerate, compassionate, patient
We'll work with your schedule.
43 - 31 39th StreetSunnyside, NY 11104
- Customer Service
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- 100 Hours / 3 months (Whichever is longer)