The World Is Fun (TWIF) - is not your grandparents’ charitable club. We’re a 100% volunteer-run organization here to make volunteering a fun, social experience for Seattle people, businesses and charities. We seek to banish the ol’ bake sale stereotype and get you excited about giving back to your community by broadening the scope of volunteerism and revamping existing charitable programs. Our mission is to remind you that volunteering is not a chore - it makes the world fun.
Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Coordinator will oversee and implement strategic, sustainable, long-range fundraising roadmap. This role will work closely with different TWIF Teams and community partners to identify and achieve overall goals for the growth of the organization.
- Implement strategies to effectively increase donor acquisition and retention
- Solicit, cultivate and maintain positive relations with Community Partners, event sponsors and donors
- Collaborate with companies and individuals to assist them in reaching their fundraising goal
- Maintain the partner database records for reporting all funding activities
- Develop and implement strategies to effectively increase donor acquisition and retention
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Strong computer skills
- Well organized, detail-oriented and resourceful
This position requires a commitment of 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. Every staff member is required to attend a monthly team meeting on the third Monday of each month at 6pm.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume our online webform: http://www.theworldisfun.org/apply or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More about TWIF
TWIF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working to strengthen Seattle’s spirit of community by providing volunteer opportunities and hosting unique social events.
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Resource Development / Management
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 8-10 hours per month
- Graphic Designer
- Blog Contributer
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Office Coordinator
- Finance Coordinator
- Website Coordinator
- Social Media Coordinator -...
- Public Relations Coordinator
- Social Media Coordinator
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Volunteer Sherpa
- Chicken Soup Brigade
- Development Coordinator
- Board Member
- Grants Writer
- Nonprofit Liaison
- Chicken Soup Brigade