The World Is Fun (TWIF) - is not your grandparents’ charitable club. We’re a 100% volunteer-run organization here to make volunteering a fun, social experience for Seattle people, businesses and charities. We seek to banish the ol’ bake sale stereotype and get you excited about giving back to your community by broadening the scope of volunteerism and revamping existing charitable programs. Our mission is to remind you that volunteering is not a chore - it makes the world fun.
We’re looking for a talented and driven Social Media Blog Coordinator to join our volunteer staff at The World is Fun! Reporting to and in partnership with the Social Media Director the Social Media Blog Coordinator will work closely with the Director to develop and implement Social Media strategies for The World is Fun via social networking websites and the Blog. You will be responsible for creating a professional and interesting content to keep our followers engaged and to help increase awareness about our organization.
Would include at least one of the following:
- Prepares blog posts highlighting events in Seattle, volunteer opportunities and more
- Maintains event posting for events and volunteer opportunities
- Works closely with a team of community managers, Social Media Coordinators and the Director of Social Media to plan and execute a robust cross-channel content strategy.
- Creates content that reaches a community of more than 8 thousand followers and community members
- Excellent written communication skills
- Social Media familiarity, including Facebook, Twitter, and other social media interfaces.
This position requires a commitment of 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. Every Social Media staff member is required to attend the monthly team meeting, which is held the third Wednesday of the month from 7-8 pm.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume online at: http://www.theworldisfun.org/apply. TWIF is an Equal Opportunity Organization.
The World is Fun (TWIF) is a Seattle based charitable social club that is focused on connecting Seattleites with the nonprofits that need their support in a fun and engaging way. Our organization creates group volunteer opportunities, unique fundraising events and engaging ways for communities to connect.
TWIF operates entirely on volunteer power. Each of our volunteer staff members agrees to 10-15 flexible hours per month which makes our events, programs and volunteer core of over 2500 people possible.
For more information about TWIF please visit www.theworldisfun.org
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year
- Graphic Designer
- Volunteer with the Chicken Soup...
- Blog Contributer
- Volunteer Engagement Coordinator
- Volunteer at the Big Climb!
- Public Relations Coordinator
- Social Media Coordinator
- Human Resources Coordinator
- TWIF Lead
- VOLUNTEER FOR MEAL MAKING AT...
- Grants Writer
- Volunteer at Hearing, Speech &...