Overview of position:
The Volunteer Coordinator reports directly to the Volunteer Manager. They will help coordinate volunteers and assist with daily administrative tasks as needed. Daily tasks may include showing people how to interact with the pets, and additional tasks may include assisting with the planning and implementation of volunteer orientations. The intern will also help plan and execute special events for the organization (i.e. Adoption Events).
- Coordinate daily volunteers at LOH and assist Volunteer Manager
- Assist with the development of LOH volunteer orientation
- Assist with planning, setting up and coordinating special events for LOH on an as-needed basis (weekly, monthly, etc.)
- Assist Volunteer Manager with daily administrative tasks
Time Required: 5-10 hours per week.
Education Requirements: Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (this is flexible and not an absolute requirement)
Preferred Experience: Minimum two years of nonprofit or volunteer experience.
Physical/Age Requirements: None
- Experience coordinating or managing volunteers
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective oral communication and presentation skills
- Loves animals and doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty
- Knows how to laugh and have fun
Training: On-site LOH training.
Benefits of this position: Experience working with a nonprofit; experience working directly with a Volunteer Manager; experience with working on special events.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Event Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per week