Ring Team Horse Leader
16 people are interested
- Lead during sessions
- Keep all focus on the horse!
- Understand emergency procedures
- Catch and turn out horses
- Groom horses
- Tack up horses for sessions
- Clean poop out of arenas after sessions
- Put away ring equipment after each session
- Minimum age of 14
- Able to do physical labor
- Understanding of how to safely handle a horse
- Able to properly and safely lead a horse while a child is riding
- Attend a Volunteer Training Course
About McKenna Farms Therapy Services
3044 Due West Road, Dallas, GA 30157, US
...to provide innovative therapy programs and resources for individuals with special needs and their families...
We provide physical, occupational, and speech therapy to individuals with special needs in a clinical setting as well as in hippotherapy.
What is Hippotherapy?
The word "hippotherapy" comes from the Greek word, "hippo", meaning "horse". Hippotherapy is treatment with the help of a horse. (Hippopotamus is Greek for "river horse".) Specially trained physical, occupational, speech, and assistant therapists use this treatment approach to achieve functional outcomes.
Why a Horse?
The unique combination of the horse, the horse’s movement, and non-clinical environment produces an extraordinary effort on all systems of the body. The therapist can modify the horse’s movement to promote specific responses within the individual. It is a treatment approach that uses activities on the horse that are meaningful to the individual and specifically addresses their functional goals. What’s more enjoyable than receiving therapy on the back of a horse?!
We'll work with your schedule.
3044 Due West RoadDallas, GA 30157
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Animal Therapy
- Animal Care / Handling
- Special Needs
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 5 hours per month