Looking for Super People to conduct community outreach! Volunteer with Special Projects!
91 people are interested
We need people who have a passion to help older adults and individuals with disabilities to help us spread the word through outreach and education that we have programs to assist:
- Help people pay their monthly premiums, deductibles and co-pays for Medicare. Our "Extra Help" program assists individuals and couples with limited income and resources pay their Medicare prescription drug costs.
- Get the word out in the community that we have FREE assistance and self-management programs for those living with a chronic condition or diabetes.
- Help lower emotional distress and increase coping strategies for caregivers of Alzheimer's patients.
Our ambassadors attend health fairs, community events and club meetings and share information about our programs.
- Enjoy speaking to people especially older adults and individuals with disabilities?
- Enjoy sharing information that can help improve another person's living situation?
- Have a desire to give back?
- Complete a formal interview and selection process
- Pass a state and FBI background check with fingerprinting
- Complete 8 hours of basic volunteer training and orientation
- Possess a valid driver's license or have reliable transportation
- Basic computer knowledge including internet access and the ability to use email
About Nevada Aging and Disability Services Division
1820 East Sahara, Suite #205, Las Vegas, NV 89104, US
The Aging and Disability Services Division provides leadership and advocacy in the planning, development and delivery of a high quality, comprehensive support service system across the lifespan. This allows all of Nevada’s elders, adults and children with disabilities or special health care needs to live independent, meaningful, and dignified lives in the most integrated setting appropriate to their needs.
To fulfill our mission, the State of Nevada works largely with a volunteer corps that serves seniors and individuals with disabilities with:
- understanding their Medicare benefit plan and options available;
- protecting themselves from Medicare fraud, waste and abuse;
- learning how to live with chronic diseases, such as diabetes and high blood pressure;
- applying for low-income subsidy programs to pay for prescription drugs; and
- advocating for rights and quality of care for residents living in long-term care facilities
We'll work with your schedule.
Aging and Disability Services Division1820 S. Sahara AvenueSuite #205Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours a month
- Attend monthly meetings