Looking for Super People to conduct community outreach! Volunteer with Special Projects!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereAging and Disability Services Division1820 S. Sahara AvenueSuite #205Las Vegas, NV 89104
We need people who have a passion to help older adults and individuals with disabilities to help us spread the word through outreach and education that we have programs to assist:
- Help people pay their monthly premiums, deductibles and co-pays for Medicare. Our "Extra Help" program assists individuals and couples with limited income and resources pay their Medicare prescription drug costs.
- Get the word out in the community that we have FREE assistance and self-management programs for those living with a chronic condition or diabetes.
- Help lower emotional distress and increase coping strategies for caregivers of Alzheimer's patients.
Our ambassadors attend health fairs, community events and club meetings and share information about our programs.
- Enjoy speaking to people especially older adults and individuals with disabilities?
- Enjoy sharing information that can help improve another person's living situation?
- Have a desire to give back?
- Complete a formal interview and selection process
- Pass a state and FBI background check with fingerprinting
- Complete 8 hours of basic volunteer training and orientation
- Possess a valid driver's license or have reliable transportation
- Basic computer knowledge including internet access and the ability to use email
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours a month
- Attend monthly meetings
- Got Time? Got Heart? Volunteer...
- Looking for Super People to...
- Lend a Hand -- Make an impact...
- Do you like making presentations?
- Got Time to Give Back. Help...
- Protect - Detect - Report......
- Join us April 11 at our Senior...
- Looking for Life Impacting...
- Advocate for older adults!
- Looking for service that impacts...
- Volunteer to help prevent...
- Volunteer as an Outreach...
- Older Adults living in long-term...
- Assist Seniors with Medicare...
- Medicare Benefits Specialist