Looking for Super People to conduct community outreach! Volunteer with Special Projects!
83 people are interested
We need people who have a passion to help older adults and individuals with disabilities to help us spread the word through outreach and education that we have programs to assist:
- Help people pay their monthly premiums, deductibles and co-pays for Medicare. Our "Extra Help" program assists individuals and couples with limited income and resources pay their Medicare prescription drug costs.
- Get the word out in the community that we have FREE assistance and self-management programs for those living with a chronic condition or diabetes.
- Help lower emotional distress and increase coping strategies for caregivers of Alzheimer's patients.
Our ambassadors attend health fairs, community events and club meetings and share information about our programs.
- Enjoy speaking to people especially older adults and individuals with disabilities?
- Enjoy sharing information that can help improve another person's living situation?
- Have a desire to give back?
- Complete a formal interview and selection process
- Pass a state and FBI background check with fingerprinting
- Complete 8 hours of basic volunteer training and orientation
- Possess a valid driver's license or have reliable transportation
- Basic computer knowledge including internet access and the ability to use email
We'll work with your schedule.
Aging and Disability Services Division1820 S. Sahara AvenueSuite #205Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours a month
- Attend monthly meetings